Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Ok, my friend Jennifer has "tagged" me, which means I am supposed to explain some details, quirks, or habits of mine. I could go on all day about my craziness, so I'll limit it to seven. Here goes...


  • To no one's surprise, I LOVE TO DANCE! I tried to keep taking class right up until I got pregnant with Jackson, but now it is just something I do when no one is watching... except for the weekly dance party the kids and I have before bedtime (Jason just watches the madness). Of course, So You Think You Can Dance is my all time favorite show... don't get me started on certain shows that try to make celebrities dance... give me the real deal! It's embarrasing, but I have even teared up watching that show because it stirs up something in me that never quite got to escape. Perhaps in heaven, God will have a dance floor, barres, and mirrored walls waiting for me... oh, I can't wait!
  • I love to go out to eat. It really doesn't matter where, as long as I don't have to make the food, set the table, or clean it up. This is a problem, since my husband would rather eat at home and complains about having to eat out too much for work. Ironic isn't it?!? Surely he's noticed by now that I having nothing to brag about it the kitchen. I've been trying to improve, but a screaming one-year-old hanging on my leg puts me in 'whatever' mode. When we win the lottery, I will hire a personal chef!
  • I am a clean freak! That doesn't mean my house is always clean or picked up... it just means that I obsess about how I wish it were. The floors are my particular obsession. If I step on anything (the littlest crumb), I fall to the floor with a wet wipe and go to town. You can imagine how many nights I stay up late sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. A self-cleaning floor would be awesome!
  • A bargain shopper am I! I have gotten such great deals, that it is virtually impossible for me to buy the latest and greatest of anything. I patiently wait and then go in for the kill when items are 30% to 50% off their clearance price. My dear mother taught me this trade and she still calls to let me know where the greatest sales are. We usually buy clothes that are out of season for the next year, although I have to admit that convenience and impatience has gotten the best of me lately. We love nice stuff, but refuse to pay even close to what the original price is. Jason is the same way... not sure if that is a bonus or a curse?
  • I am a social butterfly. I love friends, family, strangers... hanging out, entertaining, going out, belly laughs, games, vacations, you name it - fun is my middle name. If a day goes by without talking to someone on the phone, I start to feel very out of touch and needy. I recently got annoyed with my son at a bookstore reading time, because he wouldn't quit talking and give the other kids a chance...hmmmm... can you say apple? fall? tree?
  • I can't stand to use my limbs unevenly. For example, if I throw the ball for our dog with my right arm (which feels natural), I then have to throw it an equal number of times with my left arm. When taking dance, if I lept across the floor going right, you guessed it, the left was coming, no matter how bad it looked. I have no idea what this is all about, except that I feel like one arm or leg might be more muscular or flabby than the other - and that would be just horrible! It drives me crazy to wakeboard, because I can't switch to the other side without face-planting. So I let go and have the boat pull me up on the other side to even it out...Crazy!
  • Last and perhaps least, I really want to be a scrapbooker and record keeper of my kid's childhoods. I think about it all the time. I even have stacks of pictures and scrapbook supplies, but haven't gotten to Jack's first birthday (he's 4 now!). Our new digital camcorder is full of great video clips that I long to edit and put on DVD, but as you can see, I find other things to do. It's the type of project that I need a room and a month to dedicate to, but that's not looking hopeful. So, I will continue to think about it!

I will tag Shana next, because this sort of thing is right up her ally, and she is a great story-teller!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love it!...and yes, your "limb" thing is equally as strange as my "number" thing. Thanks for playing!