Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve in Granbury

It was a full house this year with Jason's family on Christmas Eve.  Chris, Vanessa, and Sloan came up from Austin, and there was no shortage of toys or food.  The weather was gorgeous at the lake, so we played outside during the day, then moved the party inside in the evening for desserts, gifts, and games.     

Nani gave Jackson his first pocket knife.... probably his favorite gift of the night.  It came with a disclaimer note that Daddy must always be present when the knife was in use.  Unwrapping was a little slower this year, because he had to cut open each bow with the knife, and this carried on into Christmas day.  For a little update, as of January 3rd, he has cut himself twice.  The news came like this:  "Um Dad... I think I might have maybe accidentally cut myself a little, but maybe not."  "Well then why is there blood on your finger?"  "Um, I kinda forgot."  "Jackson, did you use your knife without permission?"  "Um, well, maybe?" 

Ahhhh, Aunt Ness!  She is all girl and Ella Kate eats it up.  They gave her a new purse with fake makeup, perfume, and all the works.  She has multiple purses already, but a girl can never have too many handbags!  And here she is, painting Ella's nails.  I plan on sending Ella to Austin when she starts asking for real mani and pedis!  

There's that pocket knife!

One of the great things about the grandparent's house is indulging in all kinds of junk that is usually limited.  I told Ella Kate that she could drink Dr. Pepper as long as she was sitting down and not walking around with it.  Talk about control!  She sat her booty in that rocking chair for 15 minutes solid and cherished every second of it.

Sloan and Ella... I'm predicting some tough teenage years, so I'm gonna take the cute pics while I can.

Thank you Nani and Pops for a great day.  

No comments: