Without a clue, momma and kids were sitting in the grass watching a "thunderstorm" build. We were excited about the rain and putting planters out to receive the blessing. Then my next-door neighbor yelled to me and informed us of the tornado warning we obviously didn't know about (since we were playing outside). I went in to check the radar and saw BLACK coming straight for us... to my knowledge, I have never seen black on the radar! Family, long-lost friends, and fellow
residents enduring the storm started calling as I tried to find Jason, who was out in the neighborhood somewhere. As it blew in, we headed to the closet. Jackson was talking to God and Ella was trembling in my arms (I like to think that she was scared from the sound, but I'm pretty sure I lost my cool and she recognized it!). Jason left the closet to film all the crazy, and the next thing you know, we were all standing with him... right next to the windows... yes, very bad parenting again! It was very strange~ golf ball-sized hail falling fast, no wind except for an occasional gust, and hardly any rain. Our house is somewhat down a hill and everyone above it got tons of wind. We ended up with a yard full of hailstones. I stole the picture of the swirling clouds from a friend who lives a few exits down the highway. What a fascinating evening!




1 comment:
Wow. Wish we could get a good hail storm here. Glad you are ok. Hey, did you guys post a picture of the hail in your backyard with the FTWorth Star Telegram? Looked like your pool.
Post a Comment