Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween Happenings

I'm a little late with this post because I've been distracted with the election and finding it hard to part with Fox News.  I'm glad Hollywood and the media have got life all figured out and that we can at least spend the next 4 years in peace without any crazy Michael Moore documentaries or P. Diddy banter (or is he just Diddy now?).  
And now onto Halloween.  The kids and I dressed up for Kidz Day Out that day.  I busted out the bridesmaid dress from my sister's wedding and went as a princess / prom queen / or whatever else people interpreted.  Ella Kate was "Dorfy" and Jackson went to school with great pride as  Spider Man (along with the 3 or 4 other Spider Mans in his class).  That night I switched costumes to gear up for Jessica and Jamie's party (to be explained below) and we squeezed in a little trick-0r-treating with the Akins boys beforehand.

"Pepe" and me
Shana and I wanted to be 80's chicks and the boys would not dress up in anything crazier than a poncho and sombrero.  So we assigned them Mexican names, tattooed them on our chest and arms, and claimed them as our Spring Break flings from 1988.  It bothers me slightly that I failed to get a picture of my neon pink fishnet panty hose... pure hotness!  I also had a head full of hot rollers the hour before.  And don't ask me why I still have hot rollers.

Shana & "Patron"  
She claimed that the blue eyeliner and hairstyling came all too naturally that night!

A sign of true love

Ready to raid the block



Trying to figure out the change on Daddy.  He's never able to grow this much facial hair.

Ella is normally so shy, especially to strangers.  But the realization that candy was the prize motivated her to march right up to the doorstep alone and receive whatever that cute face could earn her.

3 comments:

Kapka Family said...

Love it! Can't wait until next year! We are going to have our own personal concert on karaoke!!! LOL So bring your A-game! So much fun! I am thinking Santa may bring Emily a karaoke machine for Christmas! We may have to take advantage of it!!! Yall's costumes rocked!

Anonymous said...

Nice dress, you should've worn my tiarra. I still like to wear it on occasion while I vacuum. Glad I could contribute to Pedro's costume.
And...don't knock on hot rollers...I still use them on occasion because nothing else works on my hair!

Misty said...

she is about the cutest dorothy i've ever seen...and i too, still have hot rollers. why can't we part with these? and to answer your question on the post on my blog, there's nothing like a good margarita at the end of a long "parker" day...i so get that! :)