Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Wild Wedding Weekend

We spent the holiday weekend celebrating the wedding of my second cousin, Captain Aaron Childers and his new wife, Christine. Jackson was asked to be the ring bearer. At the time of the question, he was excited to be in a soldier's wedding... even though I warned him that he would have to wear a fancy suit (Most melt-downs these days have something to do with his extremely strong will to wear "play clothes" every day. I should mention that this is the first wedding experience for the Geck kids... fancy restaurants, fancy clothes, staying up super late, using manners, charming the adult crowd, etc. Only a few of those were accomplished.
Here I go again, comforting all of the blog readers with tough kids. My oldest cousin witnessed the events, assured me that she's been there, and promised brighter days ahead...whew!
Here is my darling boy on the way to the church. He was supposed to be dressed and ready for pictures at 3:30. The time here is 4:00. Oh how I love him so!
First time wedding stage-mom mistake: I gave him the Hot Wheel surprise as soon as he made it down the aisle. This backfired when I had to take it away during the ceremony after he dropped it twice, he tried to pinch me as a punishment, and then he accidentally dropped the hymnal on the hard floor.

It was a miracle from above, but we managed to get to smiles by the time the wedding was over!

Reception time! Drinking cherry coke from a fancy glass... more cherries than coke!

My dancing queen! She truly did not leave the dance floor for about 2 hours.


In case you were wondering, this is break dancing. Some of the moves almost resembled the real deal!

Favorite moments:

  1. My sister Brittney asked Jack if he was saving her a dance at the reception. He said, "Yes, but I only break dance." She replied, "Good, because that's my specialty."
  2. A cousin came over to let me know that they found Ella Kate drinking a pretty glass of cranberry juice and vodka... don't worry, it wasn't much. I guess she didn't know that juice could be dangerous. (No comments please!)
  3. When the infamous Vanilla Ice song played, Ella bounced around on the dance floor singing, "Hice Hice Bebe".
  4. The cousins stole all the candy off the tables, took it to a side room, and worked for an hour and a half to turn it into Willy Wonka's chocolate garden. This is not something I would have thought of doing at a party.
  5. Jackson was inducted into the "Snuggy" club (aka. wedgie), compliments of Big Pop and older cousin, Tucker.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Break-dancing and vodka...way to go mom! :)

Jen said...

Did Ella Kate sleep well that night?...How was her head the next morning? Sounds like a fun weekend. :)

The Gecks said...

Ella passed out within 10 minutes of the car ride, thank you very much Jen! I'm gonna chalk it up to the heavy dancing she did and pull out my Super Mom card for better observation at the next wedding... that is, if I ever take my kids to another wedding!

Megan Lacefield said...

Hello Geck family! Ready for Jason to be home I'm sure...been praying for you guys! The pics and stories are too funny! Just wanted to say hey...been thinking about you!

Megan