So this is not my typical blog post for the grandparents and friends, who for whatever reason, think we are interesting enough to check out (and yes, I check you out too!). I don't even have a picture to share... actually, I probably do, but it would be way too embarrassing to post. But on my walk this morning, I agonized over bible study last night, and how I kept nodding off during the Beth Moore video for the second week in a row. I should not care what people think (and often do not, thanks to my new perspective on life from the hubs), but it had to be sooooooo obvious that I was uninterested. But I WAS interested in what my best friend Beth had to say! I kept hearing bits and pieces of the greatest stuff to file away in my noggin and take notes on, but my flippin' eyes could not stay open!
FYI... this is not breaking news to many people in my world. I am notorious for falling asleep anywhere and everywhere that sitting is required: church, movies, computer, reading, classes (I even have notes with lines running off the page right at the moment of impact!), teacher desk when I was working, t.v., and don't even get me started about car rides. I sit down when I eat, but somehow that doesn't make the list!??!? People have accused me of being drunk and passed out (which of course I have NEVER done!) during a friendly get-together. There are so many great books I want to read, and thank you to all who suggest them, but really, why? I do manage to SLOWLY make it through the ones I desperately need.... I say slowly, because the nods hit after about 10 minutes. I fight through the nods for another 10 minutes, rereading the last paragraph over and over until the white flag goes up, and I surrender.
Why? you may ask. "Have you been tested for a sleep disorder?" Yes, well sort of... they start their testing with sleep apnea (which I don't have), and then charge you $300 each time to keep coming in for further testing. Of course the economical Gecks do not proceed with further testing... I'll just survive like I always have! "Do you get enough sleep?" No, but what mom with young kids does, so who am I to complain? Hellooooo, late nights are for cleaning, husbands, reading (ha!), catching up on shows (another ha!) and such. Day time is for blogging, cooking, errands, watering plants, working out, showering, drying your thick hair, plucking your just-as-thick eyebrows, and if you can fit it in, quality time with the chitlins. Ugh, I can feel it coming on now.
I don't even know where I was going with this post. I suppose I'll just end by saying that if you and I cross paths and I fall asleep in the middle of whatever we're doing, please don't take it personally. Please don't write me off with the uninterested people. I so want to participate. There's just this thing... sleep... that seems to get in the way of life. Perhaps I should take God up on the Sabbath and just rest on Sundays.... that is, if I can make it through the church service first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
OK Grandpa Simpson - hahaha!! I couldn't get this to download on to your comment page but it makes me think of you every time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIVRaxfParg
Maybe you should borrow my helmet...so you don't bump your head!
This is great!
Post a Comment