Saturday was filled with the sounds of bats and balls. First, Jackson strutted his stuff on the "blastball" field (a very serious game where the first base honks as you land on it!). Then we got rid of the kids for some Ranger vs. Astros baseball with Shana and Drew. A beautiful night, a lot of great plays (and foul balls heading straight for us!), the Rangers won, and then the dessert: a Robert Earl Keen concert on the lawn! I don't know if Bobby Keen is aware of his other brothers in Weatherford, but Drew and Jason certainly feel like they are blood. We go to all of his concerts and they are confident that soon, he will call their names to come up on stage for a little family tune time. It would be less funny if at least one of them knew how to play the guitar. Speaking of... I always tell Jason that it would be so sexy for him to play the guitar... and he always replies that he would be way out of my league if he could! I think not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I tried to impress Bryce with the knowledge that the chic sitting next to me caught a foul ball. His response: long pause to think...blink....blink...."If it was that close, why didn't YOU catch it?" **sigh**
Freebirds, foul balls from every angle, my back scratch from a stranger, "dancing" to R.E.K. on the lawn, the disgruntled old lady that poured her water on Drew...GOOD TIMES!
Mike and I watched the game and we both got a little homesick. We wanted to be there, especially for the concert. Glad to hear you had a great time. Miss you all so much!
Oh Sarah... give up Amarillo By Morning already!!! Just getcha bootie back here and par-take in some concert activities! Let Mike know that we're ready.
I am afraid we are home....sigh! I'll be in town sooner than later though. Needing some time with my girls.
Post a Comment