Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Memorial Mini Vaca!
We just got back from what seems to be our annual trip to south Florida. We didn't live there long, but it was a significant growing period for the Gecks and we left with some great friends whom are wonderful to go back and visit.
First night: Giuseppe's casa, (our brutha from anotha mutha). Jackson was a little upset that his kids were now in the teens, but behold!... 15 year-old Christian had old Legos in hidden places!
Second stop: Judy and Don's (our Floridian parents). A little background... Judy was assigned as our realtor and on the first day of showing us houses for maybe 3 hours, she offered to let me live with her and hubs (I had to move there a month earlier than Jason due to a job ~ and we had no plan!). Not sure if most realtors provide that kind of service, but it was a huge blessing and we got a third family out of the whole deal. The Wheelers have four adult daughters and Jason and I keep meaning to give them our framed wedding picture to put next to the others. They take us in every year with five-star accommodations. We beached, boated, beached some more, ate, drank, and beached again!
Jackson finally decided this year that the ocean might be a fun thing to get in... and then he got attacked on the first day by sea lice (jellyfish larvae)! Ella had no fear and we had to hold her back from running into the wild water, regardless of how much she got knocked down or took in salt water. Already looking forward to next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Beth, I love your blog. It is the best one around...and I am stealing a ton of ideas from you. The slide show is SO cute and the pictures are awesome! I had fun visiting with you the other night!
Post a Comment