Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yikes Ike!

Actually, it wasn't really a "yikes" kind of day.  Aside from the minor wind gusts, we got 1/2 inch of rain in about 30 minutes, and then it was over.  But it was muggy and ugly out, so we declared a Family Movie Night.  After a run by Blockbuster (yes, we're the nerds that still rent movies), we headed to Walmart for pizza-making supplies.  $70 later (because you can't go to Walmart and just buy what you need), the kids were making a mess of the kitchen with cheese and sauce.  Dessert was, of course, "coporn", as Ella calls it.   


I was a little manipulative and convinced Jackson to rent the Swiss Family Robinson.... all I had to say was "pirates", and he was in.  What an oldie but goodie!  I could have mouthed all the words from my own childhood obsession with it, but that would have really taken my "cool" factor down a notch in Jason's eyes.... OK, let's be honest... Jason hasn't thought I was cool in years!  Nevertheless, this flick pulled out all the stops.  Anything and everything that a shipwrecked family might go through, they did times 20!  

Anyways, there's nothing like some hurricane weather to make you slow down a bit.  I feel for the Galveston and Houston folks as I am reminded of Florida, when Francis took our power away for 6 days.  That chick almost ended our marriage!  I was in no mood for family movie night in the humid, 95 degree, stinky mess with an 11 month old.  God knew I was a weenie, and lead us to a generator after 3 or 4 of those days.  Beaches are nice, but they come with a price!   

1 comment:

Kapka Family said...

Swiss Robinson.... wow!! That is a blast from the past!